Sunday, August 7, 2011

Moist banana muffins.

muffinwithfork

Did anyone else forget I had a food blog? I sure did.


Summer's been a busy thing - with three different jobs, I'm practically a 9-to-5 girl now, and these days I come home much more motivated to lie down on my bed and stare at the wall than bake things. When I do come home motivated to bake things, I completely forget to take pictures until I've consumed, given away or otherwise lost track of my creation. I have actually managed to do a bit of baking, but considering the weather we've been having, I'm much happier to hole up in my room with my window A/C (thanks for the birthday present, Mom!) blasting and a good book to read.

muffinsintray

Still, I occasionally log on here and lament - I'd been doing so well with the (kinda sorta) once-per-week updates! What happened? And then I remind myself - quality over quantity - and these muffins*? They are definitely a member of the former category.

*And you thought you'd escaped the banana craze. Really, though - try these.

muffinwbite

Banana Muffins
Adapted from Allrecipes
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 large bananas, mashed
3/4 cup white sugar
1 egg
1/3 cup butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract (note: I added this, optional)
1 teaspoon cinnamon (note: I added this, optional)


Preheat oven to 350F and grease/line your muffin tin (this recipe yields 12 large muffins).
Sift together the flour, baking powder, soda, salt (and cinnamon) and set aside. Combine bananas, sugar, egg, butter (and vanilla) until well-mixed. Fold in flour mixture until smooth (note: don't overmix! This will make your muffins dense and dry). Scoop batter into muffin tin.
Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes (note: mine took just about 22).

No comments:

Post a Comment